
Sorry to anyone out there who has been missing my updates! I sometimes wonder if anyone reads this thing besides our moms and their friends! I know that it’s kind of a one dimensional blog–I typically only write about Ty! But he’s my love! Maybe I’ll branch out and write about life, my addiction to LOST, or random things like my new haircut or recent pet peaves (the girl who tried to charge me too much for my burrito, for instance). But for now, I want to share some new fun things about my litte one (who is getting to be not so little anymore!)
Well, the newest, funnest (I know that’s not a word, but I really like to say it!) thing is that Ty is on the verge of walking! He took his first steps last week! He let go of the kitchen cabinet he was holding onto and walked about three steps to me! It was awesome! I was soooooooo proud of him. And I think he was proud of himself too! Since then, he’s gotten braver and he frequently lets go of things that he is holding onto in order to go for something else. We created an “island” in the middle of our living room with the ottoman so he would have a shorter distance between his favorite spots (the couch, chair, armoire, and book shelf), and it worked! He used the ottoman as his midway point and took off! He takes several steps on his own lots of times each day now, so I think it will be any day now that he starts walking! Some other fun (but maybe not AS exciting) things that Ty is doing now include clapping (he LOVES to clap his hands!), waving (this is still very selective), and dancing (bopping) to music (he’s your kind of guy, Casey!)
One other fun thing is that I planted petunias! They are pink and beautiful, and they make me happy every time I look at them! The only other thing I have ever planted was tulips, which I love, but they only bloom once and then they’re gone. My petunias (that is such a funny word) are going to bloom for a while! I love that! You can see my petunias in the above picture, taken on Mother's Day (my second Mother's Day if you count, like I do, last year when Ty was in my tummy!) What a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment