Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Brian

I wouldn't normally appeal for prayer through a blog post, especially about something so personal, but this is a very special, life-threatening circumstance. My brother, who was injured in a motorcycle accident nine years ago, is fighting for his life again in the ICU but this time with a severe case of pneumonia and a staph infection in his lungs. I love Brian dearly and it would mean the world to me if you would pray for both his physical and spiritual healing.

Corey preached (his first official sermon as a pastor this past Sunday) about the hope we have in Christ's return and the promise of new heavens and a new earth. It is both devastating and heartbreaking to see Brian in the condition he is in now. But, I look forward expectantly and prayerfully that he will one day be completely restored, having a new body--one without pain, with legs that can walk, and a mouth that can talk. Please pray with me that God would grant Brian faith to believe, if He hasn't already.

6 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Janet, I got chills head to toe reading this. i will pray right now.

Emily said...

we are praying!

Anonymous said...

praying for you and family, Janet.

Emily said...

Janet, I'm lifting your brother and your family up to the Lord from Texas.

Kelli said...

Just prayed and will continue to do so. Please keep us posted Janet.

Elisa said...

Friend! What's the news?? Please e-mail me or facebook me. I will pray even now as I think of your brother!